Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Data Analysts to produce and optimize interactive dashboards and reports
- Assist Data Analysts to tell a compelling story with data to provide actionable insights to internal departments and customers
- Cooperate with Engineering teams to collect and process different types of data.
- Working with global Engineering and Product teams, identify relevant issues from the data insights and produce reports in line with agreed schedule
- Identify data sources to meet the organisation's requirement, using evidence-based decision making to establish a rationale for inclusion and exclusion of various data sets and models
- Liaise with the client and/or colleagues from other areas of the organisation to establish reporting needs and deliver accurate information.
- Collect, compile and, if needed, cleanse data.
- Produce performance dashboards and reports in the Visualisation and Model Building Phase
- Support the business by maintaining and developing reports for analysis to aid with decisions, and adhering to organisational policy/legislation
- Produce a range of standard and nonstandard statistical and data analysis reports in the Model Building phase
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets
- Draw conclusions/Recommend appropriate response/Offer Guidance/Interpretation
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders, making recommendations
- Provide regular reports & analysis to different management/leadership teams, ensuring data is used and represented ethically in line with relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR, which incorporates Privacy by Design).
- Ensure data is appropriately stored and archived, in line with the relevant legislation e.g. GDPR
- Practice continuous self-learning to keep up to date with technological developments to enhance relevant skills and take responsibility for own professional development
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
These duties may be modified and updated by the Employer from time-to-time following agreement with the Employee.
The Employee also agrees to perform all other reasonable duties and comply with reasonable instructions issued by the Employer.
This Job Description is updated and agreed on a regular basis to ensure that the role is relevant to the organization and to ensure development of both role and individual.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Key Behavioural Competencies / What we are looking for:
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external customers
- Works well with others
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Able to cooperate in a cross-functional team setup
- Attention to quality and efficiency
- Reveals a lean/agile mind-set focused on delivering value
- Strategically minded yet detail-oriented
- Proactive approach
- Able to manage priorities and pre-emptively identify blockers
- Shows initiative and curiosity, keen to continually develop and learn new skills
- Data Insights, Data Analytics or Business Analytics
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Experience of dealing with the needs of diverse stakeholders, including a range of skills and roles
- Advanced level qualification in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, Statistics or another related technical field (Level 4 and above)
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Certification/s in data analytics and reporting tools, ideally Tableau
Data Administrator Business Analyst
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including Maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role. Specific roles that are acceptable are:
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Will be discussed upon interview.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.