Sopra Banking Software UK have an excellent opportunity for an Apprentice Test Analyst to join our Process and Quality team operating out of our Sheffield city centre office. The role of the Apprentice Test Analyst is to perform any manual and automated functional software testing activities typically undertaken within the software development lifecycle. The Apprentice Test Analyst is also responsible for test script creation and execution.
- Analysis and Planning - Identifying manual functional test conditions and creation of test plans and scripts
- Test Execution - Execution of manual functional and regression test scripts and capturing evidence
- Defect lifecycle - accurately record, review and retest defects found in the system under test
- Providing the automation department with regression test scripts to add to the automated regression suite
- Flexibility to pick and work on any new technology if business demands required to do so
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand some of the complexities of software design
- Have a keen interest in software and be prepared to challenge yourself
- Use initiative
- Good communication skills
- Self motivation
- Mature, organised, willingness to learn and good time keeping
- Have a passion for I.T.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position with continued career development opportunities.
Sopra Banking Software are proud to be an inclusive employer. This role is supported by flexible working, basedfromour Sheffieldoffice we offer up to 3 days per week flexible remote working, with 2 days per week office based or on customer sites as required. All employees are supported to work from home with DSE assessments and IT equipment where required to be fully productive when remote working.
At Sopra Banking Software, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We're committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminateon the basis ofrace, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal information will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.Things to consider
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy a market competitive salary and our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and we offer flexible working arrangements to all employees, plus many more excellent benefits.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is astraight forwardcredit check for CCJ's, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is notacceptableplease ask our recruitment team.