The Communications and Engagement Apprentice offers communications support, project coordination and administrative support to ensure our major communication and engagement activities are effectively planned, integrated and delivered across the channel mix.
PLANNING, PROJECT MANAGEMENT and EVALUATION:
- Supports the team with planning and project management support, across all communications and engagement activities.
- Supports with research & insight gathering, campaign monitoring, evaluation and reporting as required.
- Track and report progress of priority activities, ensuring all stakeholders are aware of progress and tasks for which they are accountable.
- Conduct desk research and produce summary reports and project evaluations as required.
- Supports the communications & engagement team with activation delivery - writing briefings and editorial, creating digital content, populating social media channels and other communications outputs as required.
- Process purchase orders and invoices for the comms and engagement teams operational costs.
- Monitors monthly spend against budget.
- Support with planning and delivery of all team related internal meetings, stakeholder meetings, focus groups and workshops as required. Drafts agendas and minutes, reports and/or summaries of all meetings attended.
- Support with organising business-related events as required.
- Support the Media and Digital team with monitoring and analysis.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good IT skills, including MS Word and a strong understanding of social media.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with an ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- An ambition for a career in communications.
- Good team working skills and a natural collaborative approach.
- Passion for and interest in communications and campaigns.
- GCSE's or equivalent at grades 4 - 9 (A* - C) including Maths & English.
- A Levels or equivalent qualification.
We are a small organisation and where possible we would look to support internal progression wherever possible or with our external partners.Things to consider
From 1st April 2021 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Vacancies are subject to close at any time subject to volume of applications