Food Safety Technical Assistant
GBP19,00 - GBP20,000
Our client are a successful importer and distributor of own branded confectionery and freezable products. This is a great opportunity for a Food Science graduate to launch their technical career and drive the business forward.
The successful candidate will be responsible all areas of food safety and product labelling compliance, ensuring that products entering the market place are safe, legal, and labelled to UK compliant specifications.
• Responsible for supporting Food Safety Technologist (FST) with all day-to-day compliancy matters.
• Ongoing compliance review to ensure products meet all legal and customer requirements.
• Manage product specification requirements for all new products, along with the creation of pack copies for associated product artworks.
• Manage quality control sampling with factories and licensors.
• Investigate and co-ordinate consumer complaints with suppliers, including consumer feedback.
• Complete retail customer questionnaires based on the regulatory and supplier information available.
• Assist in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the quality and food safety systems.
• Quality auditing of inspection reports.
• Degree educated a relevant science discipline (e.g. Food Science or Chemistry).
• Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
• Confident working under pressure and reacting quickly where required.
• Common sense and good attention to detail
• Some experience in a similar role, preferably in the food business, would be beneficial.
WHAT YOU GET:
GBP19,000 - GBP20,000 per annum starting salary.
Opportunity to begin a career in a technical role.
Training and career development