A tech start-up based in London on a mission to transform how brands operating in the leisure and tourism sectors manage their online bookings. Having successfully raised GBP2m investment the company are expanding both their team and reach across the UK and abroad making this an exciting time to be joining the team.
You will join the Business Development Team responsible for finding and identifying companies in the tourism and leisure space that would benefit from having their booking system brought up to date and in turn covert more visitors into customers.
• Develop a clear understanding of how the company solution adds benefit to its clients and helps them meet customer demand more effectively
• Research and gain deep understanding as to the different challenges companies in the leisure and tourism space face in converting website visitors into paying customers ready to reserve.
• Generate your own leads through desk-based research to identify good-fit prospects, cold emailing, calling and introducing yourself and the product to small to medium sized businesses around the UK.
• Qualify incoming leads from the marketing strategy to check how they can benefit from the company's software solution.
• Work with the Marketing Team to help create more effective marketing campaigns.
• Recommend new product updates based on client feedback and your observations.
• Work with the Customer Success Team to gain positive client feedback.
• Develop relationships with clients.
• Provide online demonstrations of the booking system in action and how it adds value to both the company using it and the end user.
You will be expected to work from the office in Central London 3-4 days per week for the initial 3-month probation period. This requirement will be re-assessed after that point.
• Educated to degree level.
• Prior work experience in a customer facing role and/or in the tourism and leisure sectors.
• A driven, motivated and entrepreneurial individual who enjoys working towards targets and a team common goal.
• Someone excited by the prospect of joining a well-funded tech start-up about and joining the ride as the company grows and expands.
• A clear and concise communicator.
• Excellent written and listening skills.
• Prior experience in a sales or business development job would be a bonus
• Prior experience working for a tech start-up or software company would be a bonus.
This is an equal opportunity employer welcoming people from no matter where you came from, what you look like or where you want to go. Their platform is for everyone and the more voices they have represented within the business the more the company will thrive.