We Empower People and Create Economic Opportunity
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
eBay's strategic vision is to become the best global marketplace for buyers and sellers through a tech-led reimagination of the company. Looking for a purpose-driven company that puts the customer at the heart of everything? A culture that encourages people to think big and be curious, to act with urgency and integrity and to be fearlessly inclusive? That's who we are. If this sounds compelling, join eBay!
Our Home & Garden team are looking for an Intern to join the team, to focus on communicating with our UK business sellers to drive their growth and engagement on eBay.
TheBusiness Development & Trading Intern is responsible for supporting the Business Development & Trading Team in implementing and managing the Customer Trade Plan, for our buyers & sellers, and supporting the delivery of the new seller onboarding pipelines.
We are looking for someone with:
- Ability to be highly responsive and adaptive to change
- Commercial focus
- Analytical mindset
- Ability to create & drive clear working processes and customer outcomes
- Efficient working methods across multiple departments & teams
- Strong communication skills - written & verbal/presentation
- Passionately understand the ebay customer, and show a customer-first mind set
- Support the development and delivery of the Customer Trade Plan to meet its goals & objectives
- Support processes and tools to activate and/or optimise trade propositions & seller levers (i.e. coupons; category events; seller offers; deals) that the vertical teams leverage to enhance horizontal performance
- Assisting the E2E project management of the new seller/brand onboarding initiatives to enhance inventory coverage & conversion on the platform including scaling activities (i.e. optimisation reporting)
- Liaise with partners and sellers to help drive lead generation & enhance the onboarding experience
- Supporting the inventory planners with data extraction and analysis relevant to new seller onboarding
- Your key interfaces are: Horizontal Trading Team; Business Development Team; Merchant Integration Solutions ; Category Leads; Marketing; Customer Insights; Seller Marketing; GCX; Buyer Experience
- Strong trading & commercial mindset: desire to get things right for our customers, balancing short term outcomes and long term objectives
- Customer focus & advocacy: passion for customers & ability to link to day-to-day role
- Strong analytical skills : confident with designing analysis and quickly drawing insights from diverse and incomplete data sets
- Have a bias to action: an ability to cut through complexity to get operational results.
- Organisational & project management capabilities: ability to manage tasks, working within wider team and cross-functional processes
- Strong communication skills: ability to present ideas verbally, in writing and through presentations
- Bachelors degree required/working towards
What do we offer?
- A six-month internship in a phenomenal office environment
- Diverse team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, integrity and humour
- Varied and interesting tasks with high responsibility
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here:
eBay" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow"> Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement