The successful candidate will join the Technology department and gain exposure to various aspects of the software delivery lifecycle. Working towards the Level 4 Software Developer Apprenticeship Standard.
May include but not be limited to:
- Development of new features for the client's products, testing of new features in the client's products
- Rollout of new features in the client's products (to internal and external users)
- Maintenance (bug-fixing) of the client's products
The Technology development teams use continuous delivery practices to develop across the client's Technology stacks (involving third party products such as IBM DB2, Oracle Database, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat Linux and many more) and the expectation is that the individual will become fully productive within 6-12 months, utilizing existing programming.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of front end web technologies such as; HTML5
- Experience of object oriented programming
- Able to design and build responsive layouts
- Able to test, debug and troubleshoot errors
- Python, JS - React
- Cloud technoloigies
- Database knowledge
- Enthusiastic, with a flexible approach to work
- Cheerful, friendly and willing to help others
- Able to use their own initiative
- Clear and friendly telephone manner
- Methodical and thorough
- A good team player
- Willingness to learn
5 GCSE's (ideally A*-C/9-4) including maths and English.Future prospects
Tech and digital professionals in London earn an average salary of £52,500 per year, so this Apprenticeship could be the start of a very promising and profitable career.