Althaus digital - DE23
Althaus; an alternative digital apprenticeship provider, has teamed with a grammar school in the Derby area who are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, hard-working individual who can manage their time effectively and be professional in their communications with multiple audiences.
The successful candidate will be flexible, have an excellent eye for detail, and have fantastic people skills enabling them to get the best out of those around them.
They will need to have outstanding writing and literacy skills and a good understanding about data protection and privacy rights.
They will need to be well presented and have a good understanding of the unique working environment they will be in.
£12,000 per annum
Monday to Friday (8.30am-4.30 pm)
Total hours per week: 35 (Inclusive of training)
18 months (inclusive of End-Point Assessment)
The ideal candidate for the role will be a talented and highly motivated individual with a keen interest in Digital Marketing. You should be able to demonstrate IT literacy, a strong sense of creativity and a keen interest in a career in Digital Marketing
Your responsibilities in this role will consist of the following:
- Gathering news and content and planning for future content
- Whole website analysis and copy writing
- Content Creation
- Analyse traffic and keyword rankings
- Implementing tracking – Google Tag Manager
- Measure, analyse and improve website traffic
Search Engine Optimisation
- Understanding key elements of SEO
- Creating SEO Copy
- Improve business viability through search engine optimisation
Digital Business Strategies
- Video marketing
- Support with new business acquisition and retention
- Manage and improve online reputation
Additional – booking advertising for print, outdoors, roadside etc. Helping plan and coordinate events and promote them
· Excellent skills in written and verbal communication and the ability to communicate at all levels of a business effectively
· Able to work both as part of a team and on their own initiative
· Ability to prioritise and manage own time to meet deadlines
· Willingness to learn new skills including problem solving
· Adaptive, proactive and inquisitive with the ability to be intuitive and perform under pressure
· Creative flair for marketing
· Confident and articulate
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 (A*-C), including English & maths or equivalent
* Please note, if you are a school leaver in 2020, predicted grades will be accepted.
Should the candidate be successful, the role has scope for future development into broader areas of marketing, event planning, as well as running campaigns themselves.
About the School:
The Grammar School is Derbyshire’s leading independent day school for boys aged 4 to 18 and girls aged 16 to 18.
Established in 1995, our Primary School, Senior School and Sixth Form are housed in a stunning setting within our own grounds in Littleover, Derby.
Three principles lie at our core: excellence, enrichment and encouragement. We provide superb teaching, incredible opportunities and a supportive, friendly atmosphere. These are the things that make us special. They are the reasons our pupils come into school each day with a smile, eager to learn and expand their minds.
We strive to ‘bring education to life’ and inspire a passion for learning that remains with our pupils throughout their lives. The enthusiasm of our teacher’s sparks excitement and interest for curious minds. We create an environment where our pupils’ strengths are sought out and celebrated. Our small size enables us to do this; we know and treat each child as an individual.
Our catchment area is local, extending up to 20 miles from Littleover. We have grown steadily since we began back in 1995 and now have a roll of 233, with an intention to increase to 300.
What strikes most visitors to our School is our warm and friendly environment which fosters an ambition to learn, to contribute and take part. It results in pupils who emerge as confident, knowledgeable and considerate individuals who are ready, willing and more than able to take on life’s challenges - and succeed.