althaus have teamed up with a Local Authority Trading Company to help them look for their ideal IT Apprentice! Alongside the job described below, you will receive full training via althaus where you will complete a Level 3 qualification.
The Service Desk Apprentice is at the beginning of the ICT journey. A developmental role which through both formal and informal training, will progressively increase in responsibility towards the delivery of a Service Desk function to agreed service levels, performance indicators, targets and objectives as determined by Service Level Agreements. This role is essential in the effective delivery of a high performing service improving the experience of the Company, its Client Council’s and the residents of the districts.
The ICT & Digital Department has responsibility for providing PSPS with centralised support functions and is operationally accountable for the delivery of ICT & Digital services to East Lindsey District Council, South Holland District Council and Boston Borough Council.
The ICT & Digital function takes responsibility for adding value to client and company management and the service covers the following main strands:
1. Service Support
2. Systems Integration
3. Asset Management
4. Network & Infrastructure Services
5. Technical Architecture
6. Security & Compliance
7. Disaster Recovery
8. Web & Digital Development
9. Reprographics & Graphic Design
Summary of Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities (acquired through learning & development)
- To undertake training as deemed fit for the role
- To be shadowed/mentored by other members of the ICT team to enable knowledge transfer
- To meet agreed milestone of development and to seek to increase in confidence and ability in provisioning ICT service delivery
- Assist in the problem solving ICT Service Desk incidents and service requests
- Developing to perform ICT Service Desk function to ITIL standards and Service Levels
- Support the ICT Service Desk for the day to day delivery of all Company and Client services
- Respond to Service and Incident Requests as allocated to you or reassign as necessary
- Maintain an accurate Configuration Management Database (CMBD)
- Complete appropriate administrative functions including configuration, process and operational documentation and maintenance of Service Desk information
- Ensure that all ICT functions achieve standards appropriate to underpin the delivery of the Company’s strategy and service delivery
- Undertake effective communications with staff, service users, councillors, trade unions, partners and other stakeholders in accordance with Company policy
- Keep aware of ICT developments and innovation, consider their relevance to the Company’s ICT strategy, and make recommendations on exploitation as appropriate
- Carry out all other roles or task that are consistent with the level of this post or that fall within the scope of the role thereby ensuring that the overall business and operational priorities of the client are delivered in a timely and effective manner
The ICT & Digital Team have main offices in both Spalding, Manby and Boston and whilst the role will be based at one of these locations it is expected that travel between locations and sites will be desirable.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: From £4.30 per hour