Are you a team player, good communicator (both written and verbal), positive and ambitious in your outlook?" Your glass should be half full!
JD Sports IT have apprenticeship job opportunities to join their IT Software Delivery group within the IT Testing Services team. This role is not a software development role but forms part of the project / change delivery function, but focusing on the need for top quality Software Test assurance and delivery. You do not need to be a "techie genius" for this role, but you do need to enjoy and understand technology and how it shapes our fantastic business and delivers to the customers. A Customer first attitude with a strive to achieve the best results is the most important attribute.
Working to project plan timelines, the Test Analyst will work with Developers to aid the workflow of defect retests and test script execution. The Test Analyst will also work in an end-to-end test environment, gaining a full understanding of all test phases.
- Production of all test scenarios and scripts from the technical and functional design specifications
- Test Environment proving and setup
- Raising, monitoring, updating and retesting defects in line with the Test Strategy
- Execution and re-execution of test scripts within agreed timescales
- Working with the Business to define UAT scenarios
- Providing feedback to the development teams and Test Leads
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Understanding of Information Technology processes
- Analytical skills
- Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Working within timescales
- Team work
- Preparing documentation
- Concise communication (written and verbal)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable and committed
- Ability to multi-task
- Consistent and professional approach work
- Proactive approach to issue resolution
Minimum Entry Level (Mandatory):
- GCSE A-C grades (or equivalent) in English, Maths and Science
- 3 x A-Levels (or equivalent)
Entry Level (Preferable):
- Computer Science / Studies Qualification or Course
- Work experience in either a Corporate or Retail environment
Fantastic career and earning potential within a fast growing business and industry. This is like no other opportunity on the market.Things to consider
What you get - Earn whilst you learn with a fantastic starting salary of the National Minimum/Living Wage for your age. - Mentors and coaches that will help develop your career - 18 months of training and development on a Software Tester Level 4 apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates