Graduate Trainee Accountant - Fully funded ACCA study support
Are you a graduate looking to kick-start a career in accounting?
J T Thomas & Co Ltd is an established family firm of chartered accountants in North Wales, operating from four offices across the region. We have offered accounting and taxation services in the area for nearly 40 years, providing a personalised service to local business owners and individuals.
Our policy is to provide training and experience to our employees so that they are fully equipped to meet the expectations of our clients.We also place a high degree of importance on staff wellbeing and pride ourselves on making J T Thomas & Co a great place to work.
The Role - Graduate Trainee Accountant
Working from one of our busy practices in either Llandudno or Bangor (North Wales), you'll gain valuable experience as you study and work towards becoming ACCA qualified.
Benefiting from our support every step of the way, as a Graduate Trainee Accountant you'll get hands-on experience across all areas of accounting, assisting clients with their bookkeeping, accounts preparation, and VAT returns. You'll also have the opportunity to meet with clients too, where you can put the training you receive to full use and undoubtedly exceed their expectations.
Whilst applications are welcome from those who have gained some experience and are part-ACCA qualified, what is most important to us is that you have:
* A degree qualification, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
* Enthusiasm, ambition, and eagerness to learn.
* The desire to become ACCA qualified.
* A good standard of numeracy and literacy skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
* Good IT skills.
* A smart appearance.
Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Xero, Quickbooks or Kashflow is desirable, although not essential.
You will be joining an established, family firm with a warm and welcoming environment.
* Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday initially, with flexible working offered after a period of probation.
* Starting salary in the region of GBP18,500 to GBP24,000 with the level dependent on current experience.
* Generous bonus and employee pension scheme.
* Full support to become ACCA qualified, with studies and books fully paid for.
Please note, the initial stages of the selection process will involve an interview via a video call.
All applications for this Graduate Trainee Accountant vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions