The NDA's mission to safely and efficiently clean-up the UK's nuclear legacy across its 17 sites is one of national importance. The NDA's 120-year programme is tackling some of the highest hazard facilities in the world, with current outstanding nuclear liabilities estimated at £135bn.
The NDA sets the overall strategy for decommissioning and waste management across its sites and performance manages its businesses - such as Sellafield - with the aim of maximising value to the taxpayer. It is also home to the UK's world-leading nuclear transport capability, with a fleet of four ships and over one hundred locomotives.
During your time on the Finance Development Programme you will be given the unique opportunity to experience the different aspects of NDA's complex and ever-changing industry within different businesses within the NDA group. In addition to working in the finance team, you will spend the second year in the audit and risk teams across the NDA group to gain more invaluable and insightful experiences. This role will allow you to specialise in one of these areas in your final year of the programme.
Whist on the programme you will work across the three functions:
- Be at the centre of analysis, planning, performance management and decision making across the NDA group
- Preparation of management and statutory accounts to inform stakeholders of progress against the clean- up mission
- Be a strong finance partner to group businesses and functions, helping optimise long term strategy delivery
- Working closely with internal stakeholders from all levels within the organisation
- Supporting the development of internal audit plans, including input to senior stakeholder meetings
- Preparing and reviewing various reports for the NDA and subsidiary Executive, Audit,and Risk Assurance CommitteeARAC.
- Support the delivery of internal audit reviews for a range of high-complexity audits, ensuring compliance with all professional and regulatory requirements and collaboration across the business and with external support.
- Direct input to the formulation of the group-wide risk management policies and procedures, contributing proactively to organisational risk management strategies and supporting implementation
- Advise the business on the benefits and appropriateness of different approaches to managing risk.
- Support the risk modelling and analysis for major and complex projects / programmes to produce and advise on levels of contingency, to ensure having the appropriate level of contingency in place to protect undue risk
- Feeding back on the performance of risk management processes to ensure compliance with agreed processes and procedures and to inform future development.
The NDA group values the unique differences that each colleague brings to work every day and is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong numeracy, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication (both written and oral)
- Strong organisation skills (crucial for this role)
- Able to manage their own time
- Take full advantage of the opportunities presented to them by the programme
- Keen to learn and who have the ability to influence others through their attitude and actions
- Achieve real results whilst showing humanity as an individual and in a team environment
- Must be driven
- Minimum of a 2:2 classification in any degree subject or; Hold a Level 4 AAT qualification (or equivalent)
Candidates need to have the full right to work in the UK (proof will be requested). This is to ensure that all successful candidates have obtained the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing the programme.
Please note, you will complete all modules of the CIMA qualification as a cohort, therefore this role is not suitable for those who are already part-CIMA qualifiedFuture prospects
Please note that there is no guaranteed job at the end of this programme, however, both Energus and NDA will work with the individuals to try and help them secure a permanent role within NDA Group.Things to consider
- An individual Travel & Subsistence budget of £5,500 to allow you to fulfil your training commitments
- Time off to study as per CIMA timetable
- Up to 6 days discretionary leave for additional study time and relocation
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, minimum 3% employercontribution)
- Membership of up to 2 professional institutes