Graduate Sales Executive
A global media company with an exceptional track record for delivering world-class journalism are looking for a driven graduate to join their event sales team.
We're looking for a driven, organised, money orientated individual with a genuine interest in all things business. The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to learn as much as they can and progress into a career that reflects their strengths and interests in either sponsorship sales or conference production.
You will join a world-leading, London based media company with an excellent 25-year track record in journalism and events. Taking a consultative approach, you will be playing a key role in expanding the sponsorship packages for an international event portfolio.
The work will be challenging and rewarding and is an excellent opportunity to be part of an innovative sector with a pivotal role in the company's development. Our client offers a fantastic company culture. This is a collaborative, forward-thinking, fun and hard-working team. They are offering the opportunity totravel internationally, exceptional training, and highly competitive bonus and commission. Opportunities this good don't come around often!
As a Graduate Sales Executive, you will:
- Initially you'll take a seat within a driven, highly motivated sales team and have a golden opportunity to learn the business from the ground up.
- You will sell delegate places to the hottest leads across a variety of industry events and receive commission for every single sale you make.
- Closing individual and group delegate registrations for senior-level 'business to business' conferences worldwide
- The potential to progress into a consultative business development role focusing on higher level exhibition and sponsorship packages OR into a conference production role looking at creating high end, commercially viable events where you will gain a
wide range of transferrable skills
What we are looking for:
- Be motivated to work hard and carve out a successful career in sales or conferences
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be confident on the phone talking to senior level executives from major industries
- Be money-motivated with a determined outlook and a strong drive for results
- Have an entrepreneurial flair
- Have previous sales experience (not essential but it will be considered a plus)
Our client's fantastic benefits include:
- Exceptional commission structure!
- First-rate training, support and guidance with daily exposure to management
- Flat structure with excellent career progression - promotion is invariably internal
- Relaxed, work hard, play hard environment
- Prospect of international travel
- Summer and Christmas company parties, social culture
- Discounted gym membership
- Relaxed environment, casual attire
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who can help grow our client's business. You will immediately become an integral part of a team where responsibility comes as standard and your career path is up to you.
Location: Canary Wharf
Salary: GBP21,000 plus generous commission
Job code: LC882921
Albany Appointments specialises in recruiting for roles in Conference Production, Event Marketing, B2B Sales and Event Management. Why not call one of our dedicated consultants to have a confidential conversation about your career.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a discussion on your career.
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion