The Company are the UK's largest wholesaler of furniture and design led accessories and are pleased to announce that a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to join them.
You'll become an Apprentice Software Developer.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated person to work within their IT Department. The successful candidate will work as part of a small team and have the ability to meet deadlines in an exciting, fast paced environment whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- You will be working alongside 2 other developers and your typical day to day role will involve developing software that the company use in house to improve the functionality of their core systems.
- Your main responsibilities as an Apprentice Software Developer will be to assist in maintaining the companies' current systems and also to play an active role in developing new systems to take the company forward.
- You will develop mainly in C# and Dot Net Core which forms the basis of the companies' main platform used by all staff throughout the company from Trade applications to the Returns department and also the integration to their driver scanner app and Warehouse Management Systems.
- You will be taught to write your own ordering systems for shows that the company attend annually using windows mobile.
- You will work on continually developing the companies Sage 200 ERP system which uses Sage APIs and Visual Basic is the language it is currently written in.
- You would also attend regular meetings to discuss new requirements by the directors and also the current progress of outstanding tasks.
- Having Web Development skills would be an advantage - namely ASP.Net, MVC
- Database skills - experience of writing transactional queries for SQL.
- Report writing skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
You need to have 7 GCSE's:
- English GCSE (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- 6x GCSE's, including Maths, at grade A-C
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.30pm (40 hours per week) -- Hours open to negotiation.
You will be offered a Full Time / Permanent Developer position in the companies IT Department on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.