** The Position(s) **
"The reign of data is beginning, where rapid data-driven insights and automating manual processes becomes essential" (Deloitte, 2018). As a result of this, the new field of Data Science has grown to be a crucial aspect of any business's ability to gain meaningful insights from its data. With the recent advancements in digital technology, the variety, complexity and increasing volumes of data have offered many more opportunities for data scientists.
In the biopharmaceutical industry, each data point is part of a patient's story and their contribution to developing better medicines and understanding disease. It is our responsibility to patients to maximize the use of this data for answering new questions and enabling larger-scale analyses for generating new insights.
The Product Development Data Sciences department in the Pharmaceutical Division of Roche is a newly formed organisation that focuses on Roche's two key assets: Our Data and Our Insights. This new organisation supersedes the Biometrics group, and along with the biometrics clinical trials activities, this group leads the way in supporting data science within Roche.
The Product Development Data Sciences team in Welwyn Garden City is seeking high calibre i ndustrial placement students for a twelve-month placement starting in July 2022 to join our teams to provide a valuable contribution to the development of our medicines.
Industrial Placement Students joining Roche will work as part of a team in the Product Development Data Sciences department to deliver data and insights about our medicines and disease areas.
Successful candidates will use their bioscience, biostatistics, programming and technical skills to contribute to the success of data science and insights generation at Roche. They will work across diverse areas from the management and governance of data to acquiring data and engineering solutions for visualising, integrating and analysing data.
Each successful candidate will receive full training in relevant business processes, systems, software and programming for each role they undertake, and will be supported by experienced employees that will provide coaching and oversight on a day-to-day basis.
* Who We Are *
At Roche, 97,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. Supported by major motorways and airports, as well as being a 25-minute train ride to central London, access is easy. With over 1800 people occupying our site in Welwyn, you can expect interactions with Early Development (pRED), Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and our corporate function.
* Who You Are *
To be successful in this opportunity, applicants should be:
* An undergraduate in their second year of their Bachelor's/second or third year of their Integrated Masters Degree.
* Currently undertaking a relevant data-oriented subject (e.g. Biological Sciences, Technology, Bioengineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Business studies etc.).
* Applicants should be interested in data science and drug development - a passion for healthcare and enthusiasm for the industry is vital.
* Have some experience or knowledge of data handling and analysis techniques, including programming languages (e.g. R, Python or SAS) is beneficial but not essential.
* Supportive and inclusive of a collaborative working environment.
* Aware of your strengths and development areas.
If you are excited to make a difference to the lives of patients and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including a genuine interest in your development and progression.
Applications (see the process below) must be received by *28 October 2021* * * and applicants should be available for a *virtual assessment day * * on 24th or 25th November 2021. *
* Application Process: *
* Phase I: *
* * Cover letter & CV - Technical, Motivation, Behavioural *
* * Video interview - Motivation & Passion *
* * Gamified Behavioural Activity - Behaviours & Mindset *
* Phase II: *
* * Final Assessment Centre - Technical, Motivations & Passion, Behaviour & Mindset *