Begin your career in accountancy, working in a technology-focused firm. We provide full training and support to help you maximise your potential whilst studying the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification. This role is suitable for students considering an alternative to university.
An exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Accountant to join a progressive accountancy firm based in Birmingham city centre.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Client Bookkeeping
- Preparation of year-end accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies
- General Tax filings such as VAT returns, Payroll, and Personal Tax
- General office administration tasks
Excellent communication and numerical skills are vital. The individual will have great attention to detail, be able to work well individually as well as within a team, and have a pro-active approach to work.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Xero certified (preferable)
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Eager to learn and develop
- Team player
- Minimum 5 GSCE's or equivalent (including maths and English at B/8)
Upon completion of your AAT studies, the right candidate will have the opportunity to study for the ACCA qualification (depending upon meeting performance targets).Things to consider
- £12,000 per annum
- Flexible working
- Full study support
- Contemporary offices
- Access to on-site amenities including free gym, discounted healthcare GP and beauty treatments
- Holiday entitlement increase to reflect continued employment