West Sussex County Council (WSCC) is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. Our teams use their experience to enable and challenge the Council to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
For more information, please visit our dedicated Apprenticeship Careers website.
About The Job
Salary: GBP18,562- GBP18,933
Working Pattern: Full-time
Start Date: 10th November 2021
Contract Length: 24 months
Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives.
Do you have a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow? We are looking for a driven and committed individual to join us on a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship within Legal Services where you will work alongside colleagues in Legal Services to provide a customer focused service to others.
You will be motivated and a self-starter to complete all your assignments / projects to achieve your Level 3 Business and Administration Apprenticeship, and present evidence for assessment within specified timeframes.
This is a flexible role within our Legal Services directorate, whereby within your training and work experience, you will learn to complete a range of tasks, some of which may be relatively complex, within timescales to a competent standard.
This apprenticeship will be undertaken over a 24-month period. There is a regular and intrinsic requirement to communicate in English with members of the public.
Experience and Skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills in order to understand varied written instructions describing tasks, or to take complex messages.
- Ability to meet deadlines and use some initiative in order to complete varied tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team to provide a co-ordinated service to others.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Five GCSE passes at grade C or above (ideally including English and Maths) or equivalent vocational qualification, for example, Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship (you will need to provide evidence of your GCSE grades including English and Maths).
- Some experience of providing a service to others and working with others to deliver a goal, either in a job or an extra-curricular activity (e.g. Duke of Edinburgh Award or Prince's Trust Volunteers) - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a brilliant opportunity to start your Learning and Development career you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00488.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Jonathan Brown - Principal Solicitor at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.