The Standard Club Ltd is a specialist marine and energy insurer and a member of the International Group of Protection and Indemnity clubs, owned by its shipowner members and controlled by a board of directors drawn from its membership. We have offices in London, Dublin, Greece, Singapore, Hong Kong and New York, Bermuda and Tokyo.
We provide liability insurance for around 9% of world shipping, with premium income of $288m and assets of $1.3bn. Founded in 1884, we are one of the world's leading mutual Protection and Indemnity insurers by tonnage and membership.
Following the decision for the Standard Club to bring it's management in-house, we have an ambitious strategy to realise supported by our vision to be the P&I Club of choice. We will continue to be a significant customer of Charles Taylor and the two organisations will have a close and ongoing partnership.
Why our role?
This is an exciting time for the Reinsurance function of The Standard Club, which is currently expanding in order to enhance the reinsurance capability for the Club.
We are looking for a committed and adaptable individual to join our Reinsurance Team. The individual will undertake a range of administrative and data tasks, in support of the reinsurance team and the reinsurance programmes of The Standard Club.
You will have an interest in insurance and reinsurance, enjoy working with Microsoft Excel in particular, as well as other Microsoft Applications, enjoy working in a small team, and you will be looking to develop your career in the insurance industry with an employee-centric, customer-focused organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Assist with the production of reinsurance renewal information.
- Assist with the production of information required by the International Group of P&I Clubs.
- Assist with the production of reinsurance contract information for adjustment and declaration purposes.
- Assist with the production of reinsurance information for senior management and the board.
- Assist with the production of reinsurance information for regulators and auditors.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests within the reinsurance team.
- Assist with the production of monthly and reinsurance reporting.
- Organise the scheduling and monitoring of reinsurance data team tasks.
- Ensure the efficient administration of internal and external meetings as required, including team meetings.
- Provide general administrative support to the reinsurance team as and when required, including the monitoring and managing team inboxes and action lists.
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures including internal peer-review procedures.
- Demonstrate and role model the Standard Club's Values.
- Proactively maintain a positive working relationship with your Line-Manager and colleagues, particularly during periods of remote/flexible working.
- Proactively own and manage your performance objectives and personal development plan, ensure that CPD is carried out and recorded.
- Maintain a good standard of progress towards your apprenticeship programme, including completing reading, revision and exercises by the due dates set, and ensure regular meetings with your Tutor.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with your Line-Manager in particular, and meet regularly with them to discuss and review your apprenticeship progress, performance, and development, and seek advice and guidance from them as required.
- Assist with the production of reinsurance information using business information reports and Microsoft Excel, in the following areas:
- International Group of P&I Clubs
- Reinsurance information for management and the board
- Reinsurance contract adjustments and declarations
- Reinsurance information for regulators and auditors
- Will be IT literate, have experience of Microsoft applications, and in possess good experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- Will have an interest in insurance and/or reinsurance, and enjoy working with excel spreadsheets.
- May possess previous experience in an insurance or reinsurance role.
- Will have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Will have good numeracy ability, excellent attention to detail.
- Will demonstrate enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Will be flexible, adaptable and motivated, and a team player.
- Will have GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C minimum (or equivalent).
Values and what to expect fom us
- May have Business Studies at GCSE and/or A-Level (or equivalent).
Our culture is hugely important to us. We provide excellent service to our members (clients), build long-lasting relationships built on trust and understanding, and treat our colleagues in the same way. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, we all demonstrate and act as a role models in relation to our cultural values.
We offer -
- The opportunity to enhance the Reinsurance team to help deliver our goals
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career
- An open and flexible team environment