Shooting Stars require an Apprentice Nursery Assistant to join their workforce and complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Early Years Practitioner Standard. During your Apprenticeship you will be expected to;
Work as a team member, within the guidance, leadership and coaching of that team, to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe, and receive rich and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs, whilst undertaking theoretical and practical training, and completing tasks and assignments to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve a level 2 qualification in Early Years Practitioner;
- Adhere to and positively promote Shooting Stars Nurseries Policies and Procedures;
- Understand each child as an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development;
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity;
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside agencies
- Provide daily feedback and observe Working in Partnership Meetings as required, learning to communicate with parents and carers
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes;
- Learn how to plan, prepare and participate in a range of activities that promote children’s learning and development;
- Learn how to be key person for a group of children, by observing, monitoring and accurately recording each child’s development in line with the EYFS.
- Learn how to help children become independent through helping hem acquire self-help skills, including, dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene;
- Learn how to provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children;
- Understand how to demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion;
- Learn how to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education;
- Learn about how to keep children safe and understand when and how to follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Understand and ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice. Understand how to share responsibility for safeguarding all children within the nursery.
As an Apprentice you will be included on a Childcare Practitioner Apprenticeship. Your standard will be delivered by Babcock Training who will support your learning and development throughout your Apprenticeship. This will involve a Regional Trainer having one to one meeting with you on a regular basis to deliver the training and guide you through your Apprenticeship.