Post-Grad Portfolio Analyst
Are you a recent graduate with a numerical degree looking to start your career in a growing multi-award winning Financial Services company? An exciting new role has arisen for a Portfolio Analyst to join us in the investment team at Intrum UK!
A bit about us
Intrum is the industry-leading provider of credit management services based in 24 countries across Europe and in Brazil. At Intrum we believe in leading the way to a sound economy and helping our customers become debt free in affordable ways. Our business is about helping others. Helping individuals in debt get out of difficult situations. Helping companies get paid so they can grow, employ and prosper.
We want to make a difference by ethically supporting thousands of customers to pay off their debt. Our people care about treating our customers fairly and we care about our people.
The role of a Portfolio Analyst
The Portfolio Analyst will report into our Head of Investment & Portfolio Management. As the key point of contact for the investment team, you will be the bridge between Investments and Operations, focusing on the performance and monitoring of the implementation of investment portfolios, according to the business plan, from underwriting to onboarding to operating the portfolio. The Portfolio Analyst will have an holistic focus on improving performance and profitability.
Principle Accountabilities as a Portfolio Analyst:
Underwriting and Onboarding
- Ensure that underwriting assumptions are compatible with the reality observed in Operations
- Onboarding, gate control and identification of putbacks to be carried out in line with business plan as well as best practices
- Monitor and optimize performance of Operations based on analyses and data based decision making (revenue and costs)
- Challenge the status quo and ensure implementation of best practices as well as learnings also form other Group entities
- Support Operations in driving collection strategies and optimize segmentation based on empirical evidence as well as experience
- Ensure appropriate attention from Operations for investment portfolios
Monitoring and Analyses
- Constantly monitor performance as well as develop sophisticated and reliable near and medium term outlook for investment portfolios
- Prepare value added analyses driving performance (of over and underperforming portfolios) and communicate any early warnings
Reporting and Revaluation
- Prepare regular reports and consistency
- Support revaluation process and actively participate in discussions with all stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with Delegated Authority Matrix at country level
We will offer you:
- GBPCompetitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (increasing with service)
- Hybrid working (please ensure you are in commutable distance to our office in Reigate, Surrey)
- Career progression
- 6% matched pension scheme
- Birthday leave
- Discounts on high street vouchers
- Onsite gym
- Reward and recognition
- Free courses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Option to buy & sell holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Excellent transport links
As a Portfolio Analyst we are looking for:
The successful candidate will hold a numerical degree. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders at all levels and most importantly have a passion for the role!
Please note that you will be subject to a credit check and a criminal records check as part of our pre-employment checks process. You should not be bankrupt, have any outstanding County Court Judgements on your credit file or have more than two registered defaults.
Intrum UK are an equal opportunities employer.