LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, LabCorp's cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp's 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
*Global Internship Program:*
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp 2022 Global Internship Program as a Terrestrial Ecotoxicology Technician in Huntingdon. We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
* To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
* Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
* Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
*About the Team:*
The Terrestrial Ecotoxicology team perform studies on crop protection chemicals designed to investigate their safety on terrestrial organisms. Target organisms include plants and invertebrates (including bees) that live both in and on the soil.
*Internship Assignment Summary:*
* Conducting experimental aspects of studies to high scientific standards and in compliance with GLP
* Maintaining the Terrestrial Ecotoxicology facility in accordance with Company standards
* Assisting Study Directors to ensure study data and reports are delivered to clients on time
* Ensuring adequate supplies of stock items and organisms are maintained for study conduct
Be studying for an Undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Toxicology,Ecotoxicology or similar.
A willingness to learn,
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team,
Great attention to detail,
Good communication skills