The apprentice DUAL software developer will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, supporting and maintaining solutions within 'Platform for Growth' - a major transformation programme that aims to optimize Operations and Technology within the DUAL group. This next-generation platform will be based on a combination of Salesforce components and a series of APIs/services on the Howden group-wide 'Digital Backbone'. As this project is currently mobilizing, this role provides an ideal opportunity for the right individual to not only learn software development using state of the art technologies, but also to make significant contributions to a critical initiative that will change the way that the DUAL business works.
Working as part of the overall Platform for Growth technical team, responsibilities will include:
- Development, support and maintenance of Salesforce solutions (training in Salesforce will be provided)
- Development, support and maintenance of integration/API solutions.
- Development, support and maintenance of existing and future Portal solutions.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Understanding of basic software development concepts
- Some previous experience of constructing software solutions - through either a traditional programming language, or a configuration-based no-code approach
- Strong interpersonal skills: Able to rapidly form working relationships and successfully collaborate with colleagues from both within DUAL and its implementation partners
- Analytical mind set: Able to break difficult problems down into their constituent parts and then construct a suitable solution
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including maths, English and either IT or Science
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum in an IT based subject
- Please ensure that your full educational history is stated on your application
- A future career in Software Development