This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain experience in a HR department as a start to their HR career. The HR Apprentice will support and learn from a busy HR department. The apprentice will support an efficient HR administrative service for the HR Team and our c 850 UK employees, whilst gaining experience of a wide variety of HR.
Salary - £17,000 per annum
Holiday Entitlement - 26 days plus bank holidays
Qualifications Required - 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A*-C (4-9) plus A Levels in any subject
Location - Slough
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch breaks
Duration - 22 months
Start Date - December 2021
Interview Date - W/C 8th November 2021
Closing Date for applications - 28th October 2021
Download and complete this application form, then click the "apply now" button to submit this.
There is a section at the end where you must input your answers to the following questions.
- Why do you want to work in HR?
- What do you know about UCB?
This position is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain experience in a HR department as a start to their HR career. The HR Apprentice will support and learn from a busy HR department, which consists of;
- A Team of 4 Generalist Business Partners
- An Operational team of 6 responsible for the employee life cycle, pay and benefits
- A Recruitment team of 5
The apprentice will support an efficient HR administrative service for the HR Team and our c 850 UK employees, whilst gaining experience of a wide variety of HR processes.
- Monitoring and responding to first level employee queries though the on-line portal ‘HR Answers’
- Coordination of the starters and leavers process, reporting and communicating with other relevant departments.
- Setting up and manage arrangements for all new hire inductions including slide preparations, collating induction packs, arranging catering.
- Managing all aspects of training: including booking trainers, candidate registration, meeting invitations, distribution of pre-work, booking rooms and catering.
- Support the relocation process for internal transfers and new recruits, through arranging temporary accommodation, and tracking financial spend and reporting to Finance for tax purposes.
- Arranging and collating exit interviews and reporting on trends/ analysis.
- Maintaining complete and accurate employee files – electronic and hard copy.
- Processing all Purchase Orders and invoice processing in SAP to ensure department spend is managed effectively.
UCB is committed to being a leader in cutting-edge scientific research driven by the needs of patients. Our world-class research centres in both Slough and Braine, Brussels, are home to a wealth of scientific skills and experience supported by our proprietary technology platforms, enabling the discovery and development of novel therapeutic entities. We have well-established and highly effective networks with the leading academic establishments and industrial partners which enable us to access novel technologies and targets, and to undertake exciting and innovative research collaborations.
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) grade A*-C (4-9)
- A Levels in any subject
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamworker and considerate to members of team and wider organisation
- Highly motivated and drive to develop oneself
- Demonstrates reliability and integrity
TRAINING TO BE DELIVERED
Level 5 HR Consultant Standard.
- Training to be provided will be a mixture of on-site training, e-learning and block release with BPP
- Training to be part of contracted hours making up the working week
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business. The training will expose the apprentice to a wide range of skills and competencies which would make them well placed for further study or suitable for many job opportunities in the sector.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Please ensure that you currently live within or can relocate to a commutable distance of the site
- All applications to be made through Cogent Skills Recruitment – Cogent Skills will be the direct employer for this Apprenticeship and you will be hosted by UCB