The Learning & Development Coordinator (Apprenticeships) has a key role to play in contributing to the strategic People agenda at NHSPS. The remit of this role is to contribute to the success of NHSPS by supporting the L&D Delivery team and the wider L&D team with coordination and administration tasks relating to our apprenticeship strategy and L&D activities.
This will consist of:
- Coordination of apprenticeship activities and management of our Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) account
- Coordination of learning and development programmes through our Learning Management System (LMS)
- Responding to queries from colleagues across the business as a first point of contact.
- Coordinate apprenticeship activities including identification of training providers, sourcing placements, supporting enrolment process and management of apprenticeship and levy tracker.
- Liaise with wider business to support with the apprentice recruitment processes.
- Manage our DAS account including setting up cohorts, accepting changes to apprentice details, liaising with training providers and providing feedback on the service they provide.
- Support success of apprenticeship programmes by liaising with apprentices, line managers and People Team at regular intervals.
- Coordinate learning and development activities delivered to all NHSPS colleagues through a range of blended methodologies, including virtual training, online content and other blended solutions through our LMS.
- Coordinate learning and development course evaluation data, producing regular reports on the effectiveness of the training, ensuring value add from the learning and development offering.
- Support L&D Delivery team with internal branding of programme content to ensure consistency across internally delivered programmes.
- Development of reports and tracking of progress for key projects using robust analytics.
- Liaise with internal customers and third-party suppliers as required.
- Track and monitor the L&D Delivery Team budget and raising of purchase orders for activity.
- Regular monitoring of L&D inbox and responding to queries within agreed timescales.
We believe in hiring for attitude and training for skills. By joining NHS Property Services, you become part of a talented, dedicated team of experts who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work.
At NHS Property Services Ltd we celebrate diversity, and we are working hard to create an inclusive environment where people love to work and can fulfil their potential.
We will retain your details for no longer than 6 months unless we are instructed otherwise.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant.
Best of luck with your application.