Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 38,000 people in more than 145 countries and across 700+ offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you're working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you're a marketing or HR specialist, at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that's why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a different by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
If your chosen route is to qualify as a Chartered Tax Advisor, we will facilitate this by helping you qualify via the CIT by studying the CTA. You will have unparalleled exposure to various areas within tax to ensure you are training to the highest level and achieve a well-rounded skillset.
These areas include:
Your route of study with be a succession of gaining the ATT Qualification and then the CTA route to becoming a fully-fledged Chartered Tax Advisor
- ATT Modules: Law, Professional Ethics
- ATT Exams: Business Tax & Accounting Principles and Corporate Taxation
- CTA Awareness paper
- CTA Advisory Paper 1
- CTA Advisory Paper 2
- CTA Application & Interaction
Our minimum requirements:
- An expected or achieved 2:1 or equivalent
- BBB (or equivalent UCAS points) from three A Levels (or equivalent
- GCSE grade B or above in Maths and English Language
- Attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to support senior members of the TR team.
- Attend meetings with clients and HMRC to take notes.
- Skilled in use of excel spreadsheets and word is a must.
- Assist in preparation of power point documents.
- Analytical abilities to examine historic bank statements and prepare spreadsheets under instruction from senior members of the team.
- Interested in doing ATT and CTA qualifications (full support offered);
- Driving licence preferred (but not essential) as attendance at our Manchester office as well as our London office may be required from time to time.
- Good team player.
- General interest in tax and/or account.
- Definitely a tax rather than audit person.
- Good communication skills (orally and writing).
- Experienced in report writing would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills including effective time management.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow's questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss with you further.