We are a Bespoke Indemnity Risk & Insurance Solutions Specialist Company in the commercial sector.
We are looking for a software development apprentice whom will be responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of customer facing applications and data manipulation. You will be an excellent problem solver, proactive thinker, methodical with strong organisational skills and an attention to detail who is happy to work alone or as part of a team.
- Design and manage internal and external Web Applications.
- Ensure all applications confirm to security standards and data is protected at all times.
- Ensure that data and information is never shared unless strict permission has been given by the business ensuring all procedures are followed i.e. NDA. This also applies to code and application build information.
- Ensure software code is backup regularly and backup procedures are shared with IT Development Manager.
- Contribution to central IT documentation and information repository. Continuously adding new articles / information to the IT documentation and information repository and updating existing information as necessary over time.
- Be an ambassador of Griffiths and Armour, giving excellent customer service at all times and portraying a professional image throughout each interaction.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed so that the IT Department and the wider business can attain and retain any industry standards and best practice they need to achieve to trade effectively.
- Ability to work out of hours when needed in order to meet business deadlines so that the business continuity is maintained at all times.
- Out of hours work may be needed to fulfil the role, this may include weekends.
Technical Competencies, qualifications & essential knowledge:
- NET, C#, HTML, CSS
- SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server Management Studio 2017, Visual Studio 2017
- Source Control Management (GIT)
- Minimum of Degree Standard in Computer Science or Software Programming
- Communication and manage day to day relationships with 3rd party software vendors
The role will provide exposure to:
- Windows Servers
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Tableau Bi reporting and Data Analysis including Schema design
- SFTP and data transfer tools
- .Net framework
- Visual Studio for the purposes of coding and compilation
- Implementation of testing, debugging and performance checking
- Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work methodically
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills allowing for fully documented of systems and proposals including Visio diagrams
You need to have 7 GCSE's:
- English GCSE (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- 6x GCSE's, including Maths, at grade A-C
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
37.5hrs a week.
You will need to work out of hours when needed in order to meet business deadlines - this may include weekends.
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.