Document Logistix is a relatively small company (approx. 35 employees in Milton Keynes) and although people have specific roles they have opportunity to influence and work with other aspects of the business. This widens the horizon / scope of the role and makes it more interesting, seeing the bigger picture not just your isolated team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Familiarisation with the DLX Product range and functionality
- Familiarisation with typical end customer applications of the product
- Execute functional testing of new product builds
- Design tests for new functionality based on typical end user cases
- Work collaboratively with the development team
- Maintain timely and accurate records of testing results
- Contribute to improving working practices/efficiencies of the team
- Contribute non functional feedback to the development team (usability etc.)
This role will be complimenting that team and replacing one of the QA engineers who joined as an apprentice a few years ago and is now migrating into a software development role.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
The Key sills / attributes required are:
- Attention to detail
- Passion / Enthusiasm
- Desire to learn
- Passionate about technology
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and processes
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to build good working relationships
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grades A*-C in any subject but one must be in a numerical or computing subject (e.g. maths, Science, Computer Science etc.)
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 9-4 or A-C including maths and English
- Applications will also be considered from graduates with non-computer science degrees looking for an apprenticeship route to a tech career
Permanent employment and on-going professional developemnt.Things to consider
Document Logistix invests in its staff and has good staff retention, with opportunities for growth within the organisation. Many staff have been with the company for 10+ years, some since its inception.
As the role will require a lot of mentoring it will initially be office based but as experience and working practice is gained may progress to a hybrid of office and working from home if preferred.
We also offer 26 day annual leave per year.