As an Apprentice Engineer you will be responsible for qualifying the systems, equipment and utilities used in the development and clinical manufacture of a range of solid dosage forms for clinical supply.
As an apprentice, you will learn how to use your engineering knowledge to help with the design and validation of new equipment, systems, and utilities within the solid dose manufacturing area. The role will also include some safety and management of the full asset lifecycle. You will help to design manufacturing solutions and demonstrate systems are running according to necessary specifications and operate within regulations to ensure data integrity and the production of quality products.
You will work closely with operational and technical teams within the department to validate equipment, utilities, and systems. You will be expected to interact with Global Workplace Solutions, Quality Assurance and Environmental Health and Safety to support the manufacture of solid oral dosage forms for clinical supply.
Main duties include:
- Schedules and executes validations per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), protocols and regulatory guidelines.
- Coordinates and communicates all testing and evaluates test results.
- Carry out validation activities.
- Responsible for completion of lifecycle activities associated with equipment, from project initiation through to retirement.
- Contribute to improvements to the validation program as needed in order ensure they meet with industry standards.
- Work as part of a team to carry out, install, validate, troubleshoot, and maintain systems and equipment.
- Take part in carrying out investigations to identify root causes and define corrective and/or preventative actions (CA/PA).
- Participate and present data in regulatory audits when necessary
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for additional focus area: Automation, Facility Support, Process Development, Capital Projects
- Assist in ensuring future equipment meet the technical requirements of the operation.
- Contribute to the selection and integration of new equipment and services.
- Support and develop equipment/services robustness and manage the risks and impact of failure.
- Manage minor projects which include all operational and financial aspects. Drive quality, safety and continuous improvement related activities.
- Deliver training and support to ensure efficient use and deployment of equipment.
- Provide immediate troubleshooting and manufacturing support during manufacturing operations.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Rational, innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to learn and work with new technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within high performing teams as well as independently
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to apply learning from prior experience to new situations and problems
- Ability to evaluate information from a broad range of sources
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and efficiently
- Enthusiastic attitude and approach to teamwork with positive influencing and listening skills
- High energy level; hard working; makes things happen
- Demonstrates sound judgement when making decisions
- Self-driven and able to set personal goals which are realistic and challenging
- Change agile, flexible and resilient
5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including mathematics and English
Level 3 engineering apprenticeship certificate or will have a level 3 engineering qualifications (e.g. BTEC) plus 3 years experienceFuture prospects
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the businessThings to consider
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info