Apprentice Credit Controller
Come and join us as an Apprentice Credit Controller and kick-start your career in Credit Management. As an Apprentice Credit Controller, you will interact with our customers with the aim of stopping them falling into debt and help those customers who have fallen into arrears to get them back up to date with their payments. You will take ownership for complex queries and issues following these through to resolution. We will support your journey and map out your career path with us from Apprentice to a fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management and ultimately, into a career with United Utilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn, grow and start a career with real opportunities for the future.
Help keep taps flowing and toilets flushing across the North West
At United Utilities we're proud to be an essential service provider to our 7 million customers in the North West of England, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us as an Apprentice Credit Controller and kick-start your career in Credit Management. You'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
You'll work in our award winning contact centre, where we offer free parking and a free bus service, restaurants and coffee shops, beautiful gardens and lake and discounted onsite gym and much more!
What makes us different?
* Secure your future - every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position* at the end of this Apprenticeship, with great opportunities for further development
* It's a springboard to your career - we provide you with structured training and a dedicated mentor to help you shape your career
* Inspire the next generation - you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
A bit more about the role
As an Apprentice Credit Controller, you will interact, largely with our consumer/household customers with the aim of managing their account, resulting in payment being made. In today's environment, you will learn how to deal with customers facing financial hardship and get them the help they need. You will learn how to take ownership for complex queries and issues, following these through to resolution.
The work you will do is vital for our business. You'll be dealing with people so communication will be key to succeed in this role, you will deal with queries quickly, and efficiently. Don't worry, we will teach you everything you need to know. You'll also be involved in:
* Cash Collection for a range of different customers
* Diagnosing customer issues and investigating and interpreting data held on a number of different systems
* Accurately recording and processing a variety of customer enquires
* Managing customer expectations as well as setting and agreeing timescales for actions to be performed
* Promoting United Utilities products and services
You will become a Student Member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management upon enrolment on your Apprentice journey.
This programme aims to develop the knowledge and skills required to be a qualified Credit Controller/Collector. Successful apprentices will achieve a Level 2 Credit Controller and collector Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships which also incorporates the highly respected professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Credit Management.
At the end of the programme you will become a 'Customer Advisor Advanced'*. You will have opportunities to progress your career in United Utilities which may include progressing onto the Chartered Institute of Credit Managements Level 3 Diploma.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for people who are customer focused, keen to gain hands on real world experience, develop new practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in a challenging and very rewarding role. We need people who are ambitious, passionate about personal and professional development and want to establish a career in Credit Management.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
You'll also need to have GCSEs in English and Maths or Level 1 equivalent, but will need to work towards a level 2.
What you'll get from us
* Rewarding essentials - there's lot of perks to the job, including a starting salary of GBP12,500 which will increase each year based on performance
* Be the best you can be - you'll get involved in all sorts of training and fun activities with your fellow apprentices
* An environment to be proud of - we're a responsible employer committed to developing our young talent in state of the art facilities
* Be part of the family - you'll have the chance to network, bond and learn from your colleagues and fellow apprentices
*As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service