Our clients in York are seeking Social Workers to join their Children in Permanent Placements Team in York.
6 month temporary assignment
Core responsibilities, tasks and duties;
- To build effective relationships with children, their families and carers which support change and progress
- To use knowledge and experience of statutory child care with looked after children
- Ability to independently manage own workload and ensure that all time-scales are adhered to
Essential skills and experience for this role;
- IT skills preferably experienced with Mosaic.
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent).
- Be eligible to work within the UK.
- A minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience within an children's services team.
Pay will depend on qualifications and experience.
Reasons to register with WorkwithYork
- Work in a supportive and specialist team
- Central York location (close to park and ride and station) with pool cars available for travel in and out of the area when not working remotely
- Competitive rates of pay, PAYE, holiday pay and pension
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. We will require successful applicants to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Records check via DBS.
Please apply with a full CV, including contact details of two referees (at least one of whom must be your last/current employer) or complete our application form and send to the email address given.