To assist in the implementation of the Berkeley Group sustainability strategy at an operational level and within our projects. The successful graduate will work across a diverse development portfolio, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to drive positive change in the built environment. This role reports to the Senior Sustainability Advisor.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure meter readings and fuel consumption is recorded for each site, office and marketing suite on a monthly basis;
- Collate, analyse and report on monthly KPI data (such as waste volumes, utilities usage, paper and legal completions) to enable the assessment of performance against sustainability targets;
- Report on monthly subcontractor submissions including waste, timber, plant, fuel, materials;
- Carry out monthly sustainability site inspections to ensure compliance with Berkeley Group standards and make recommendations for improvements;
- Assist the business in working towards achieving the Our Vision commitments including reducing emissions by 50% between 2019 and 2030;
- Assist in the delivery of our sustainability strategy within Berkeley Capital: Climate Action, Nature, Communities, Environmental Management and Resources;
- Assist and deliver briefings and trainings to staff on sustainability;
- Assist in providing sustainability advice to the teams throughout the development process from land buying to design, the purchase of materials, services and build through to sales and customer service;
- Assist in the implementation of innovations on site;
- Support the project teams to deliver community engagement activities;
- Keep up-to-date with the sustainability industry, new legislation and best practice guidelines and understand how this may affect the business.
- This role will be based from Berkeley South East London's new office facilities in Aldgate East, however, you will be expected to work 3+ days per week from our development offices throughout London. These are all located close to tube stations and have parking and cycle storage.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday.