Do you have work experience or perhaps a long-term internship in Risk and wish to develop this experience further?
Do you have strong IT skills to include SQL, Python, MS Access and advanced Excel? If so, we would love to hear from you!
International banking group is seeking a Risk Analyst to join their City-based office. You will be part of a team responsible for the development of risk reporting database for credit risk reporting and portfolio management in addition to producing accurate daily credit risk reports / analysis, obligor reports and country excess reports.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain risk analysis, reporting and data
- Ensure the maintenance and quality of risk data
- Helping to evolve and evolve the existing risk reporting database using VBA and SQL
- Working closely with the business to provide quantitative support and practical solutions
- Responsible for the quantitative aspects of model development and its implementation
- Provide credit risk exposure information, analysis and commentary to the business on counterparties and products
- Develop new ways of viewing data with the help of data analysis tools
- Thorough investigation and analysis of all excesses to identify breaches in credit risk policy and report them to credit team.
- Identify transaction mapping issues and booking errors and liaise with credit officers, relationship managers and operations teams to resolve them
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience in a risk management / market risk, preferably within a financial institution, with a good record of SQL database design and programming skills with Python, VBA.
- Strong quantitative skills applied in modelling, data analysis and ideally, data visualisation
- Programming skills: Python, SQL and VBA code. R or C++ would be a bonus
- MS Access database and modelling skills
- Degree level education (or equivalent) in a quantitative field: finance, computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or statistics
This vacancy is being advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited. The services advertised by Montpellier Resourcing Limited are those of an Employment Agency.