- Providing accurate time estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Contributing to the company development standards working closely with the Technical Director.
- Discussing technical solutions with clients and providing innovative new ideas to requirements.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of market developments.
As an apprentice you will be working towards achieving the required standard in all the following software disciplines:
- Standards-compliant HTML5, XHTML, CSS3 development skills
- Drive for delivering the best UX possible
- Experience in using infographics effectively
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience with backend languages including C#, PHP and SQL.
- Working with frameworks .net, .net core and Linux
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Good understanding of web accessibility and usability
- Understanding and implementation of responsive design, and the advantages and disadvantages of responsive versus a mobile design
Full training will be given and you will have full access to all our highly experienced team.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitLab and TFS
- Experience in developing using the following from end frameworks DNN, WordPress, Vue and React
- A logical thinker and problem solver
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player
- Maths and English GCSE Grade 4 or above or equivalents
- Grade 4 or above in a Computing subject at A level or Level 3 Software Technician
- A passion for coding
Permanent role if business allows.Things to consider
- During the Covid all our staff have worked from home. We are looking for to return to the office from September for 2 days per week
- Life insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- You will need to complete pre-screening paperwork and have a chat with New College to discuss any experience, interest in the apprenticeship and how it is delivered
- You will need to complete initial assessments in maths and English
- By submitting your application, you confirm that you are happy for New College Swindon to share your information with the employer as part of the application process