This position is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to gain experience in a HR department as a start to their HR career. The HR Apprentice will support and learn from a busy HR department, which consists of:
- A Team of 4 Generalist Business Partners
- An Operational team of 6 responsible for the employee life cycle, pay and benefits
- A Recruitment team of 5
The apprentice will support an efficient HR administrative service for the HR Team and our c 850 UK employees, whilst gaining experience of a wide variety of HR processes.
- Monitoring and responding to first level employee queries though the on-line portal 'HR Answers'
- Coordination of the starters and leavers process, reporting and communicating with other relevant departments.
- Setting up and manage arrangements for all new hire inductions including slide preparations, collating induction packs, arranging catering.
- Managing all aspects of training: including booking trainers, candidate registration, meeting invitations, distribution of pre-work, booking rooms and catering.
- Support the relocation process for internal transfers and new recruits, through arranging temporary accommodation, and tracking financial spend and reporting to Finance for tax purposes.
- Arranging and collating exit interviews and reporting on trends/ analysis.
- Maintaining complete and accurate employee files - electronic and hard copy.
- Processing all Purchase Orders and invoice processing in SAP to ensure department spend is managed effectively.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good ability to multitask
- Problem solving skills
- Good numerical and IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamworker and considerate to members of team and wider organisation
- Highly motivated and drive to develop oneself
- Demonstrates reliability and integrity
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade A*-C (4-9)
- A Levels in any subject
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be eligible to apply for other positions within the business.The training will expose the apprentice to a wide range of skills and competencies which would make them well placed for further study or suitable for many job opportunities in the sector.Things to consider
- Please ensure that you currently live within or can relocate to a commutable distance of the site
- All applications to be made through Cogent Skills Recruitment - Cogent Skills will be the direct employer for this Apprenticeship and you will be hosted by UCB