Ibstock PLC the market-leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We are no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement and Supply Chain Assistant to join our Procurement Team based at either our Head Office in Ibstock, Leicestershire or our Dorket Head site in Arnold, Nottinghamshire.
The successful candidate will be offered a Purchase and Supply Apprenticeship, which will enable them to develop the required skills and experience to work within the Procurement Department as a Purchase & Supply Assistant with a view to developing a long-term career within the function. You will also attain your Level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
You will be developing the skills and processes required to support the wider team and working towards managing your own portfolio of goods and services across 36+ sites over the UK. This is a really exciting opportunity to gain widely recognised qualification and earn whilst learning.
- Advise key internal and external stakeholders on Procurement policies and procedures
- Support the establishment of supply agreements for the supply of low value/risk goods and services and supporting sites in the placement of orders
- Undertaking market research and benchmarking through desk top activities and stakeholder engagement in order to assist and inform the wider team
- Understanding and employing appropriate tools for pre-qualification of suppliers including financial stability, technical capacity, sustainability, environmental and H&S compliance
- Support the Procurement team in a number of activities to enable best practice including running e-tenders, e-RFQ's, maintaining supplier records and contract logs
- Developing and working with cross functional groups in the implementation of sourcing strategies
- Analysis of quotation responses to assist team in tender responses and drafting of new contracts and accurate measurement of benefits achieved
- Negotiations with and management of suppliers in specified categories including the resolution of issues that may arise
- Liaise with sites to encourage good purchasing practice and to ensure that sites take advantage of value adding opportunities such as consignment stocking and EOQ
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Analytical approach
- Excel skills
- You will contribute to a positive working environment within the procurement function, show a positive, enthusiastic attitude and be receptive to change
- You will be required to communicate with many different areas of the business, and at all levels
- Develop confident relationships with suppliers and providers, be able to challenge and question where appropriate and strive for the best outcome for Ibstock
- Be open, honest, respectful and reliable and actively engage with the company values
- Enjoy working with detail and have an analytical approach, ensure you prepare in advance for meetings / negotiations and follow up with actions and minutes. Good excel skills would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, want to progress and learn, willing to put the effort in to gain the reward
- Encourages feedback and will take ideas for how to develop and improve on board, whether they be technical or behavioural
- Will take advantage of opportunities to learn from and shadow other team members, but will also suggest ways to improve tasks and outcomes
You must already have Functional Skills English and Maths level 2 or GCSE certificates A*- C or 4 - 9 or equivalent. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to English qualification from those whose primary language is BSL.
Please note: It is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.Future prospects
The successful candidate will be offered a Purchase and Supply Apprenticeship, which will enable them to develop the required skills and experience to work within the Procurement Department as a Purchase and Supply Assistant with a view to developing a long-term career within the function. You will also attain your Level 4 Diploma with the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).Things to consider
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit:https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates