- Take part in ideas generation meetings where they talk about gameplay concepts for new games
- Generating creative assets for games (props/background elements/animation loops etc.)
- Researching (google/forums etc.) to find examples of game mechanics/visual styles/audio six/art assets/brands etc.
- Helping test our games for bugs and accurately recording how the bug occurred and on what device etc.
- Learning specific software that they use for animation
- Learning how to build digital wireframes (which act as a blueprint for how a game fits together).
- Play a larger role in ideas generation and get the opportunity to learn hope to help implement some of those ideas in live games.
- Testing more in-depth elements of games such as game difficulty, enemy A.I and controls, giving more details feedback about what might be improved and why
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Skills and Knowledge of Adobe creative software
- Previous experience running servers to play games on or making gaming mods/skins
- Basic coding knowledge
- Aptitude on working with word processing, spreadsheet and basic coding software
- Excellent file handling practices
- Good understanding of email and server-based file systems i.e. Dropbox/Google Drive
- Can provide a portfolio of artwork
- Previous experience building websites
- Creative mind-set
- Enjoys playing and talking about different games and the differences between them
- Passion for games development and coding
- An interest in understanding how things work, taking things apart and putting them back together
- Has an interest in making their own music specifically recording and production, knowing how to mix/master sound is both creative and technical and to do it well you need to have an interest in understanding technically how to get a good creative outcome
- A grade 4/C in maths and English language is required for this role
- There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme