We are looking for candidates with an accounts receivable/sales ledger or financial background to join our client NHS SBS. If you have recently graduated with an accounting or finance degree this may be the perfect job to get you kick-started within the industry.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9-5
Pay: GBP10 per hour
Contract end date: 3 months from start date with possible extension
Location: Training will take place in Wakefield , near the White Rose Centre then the role will be working from home - from October a hybrid model will be introduced
The general ledger team are looking to fill a new position for a General Ledger Assistant. You will be responsible for your own allocation of clients and working closely with them on preparing and reviewing balance sheet control accounts and ensuring the month end process is as smooth as possible. You will prepare pension, tax and NI's ready for payment.
The candidate should have: a solid understanding of the basic accounting principles, practice and terminology; Good skills with Excel; good communication and interpersonal skills; able to interface with other team members and external contacts; Good telephone manner; analytical and problem solving skills; good organisational skills.
* Prepare and review monthly Interim & Final Reconciliation Packs
* Prepare and initiate monthly payroll deduction pay overs
* Run reports, extract data and analyse the data, as the service requires, often using spreadsheets and statistical techniques
* Respond to, and resolve queries, taking action as appropriate and identify any preventative measures
* Support line manager and team members
* Prioritise workloads
* Ensure that agreed timescales are adhered to
* Comply with regulatory requirements where applicable
* Flexible working hours will be required to support the business and the teams
This job description is not exhaustive but is intended as a guide to the principal duties and responsibilities of the post. Post holders may be asked to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the grade of the post. It will be subject to periodic review within the scope and general level of responsibility attached to the post.
* Understanding of basic accounting principles, practice and terminology
* Process Improvement experience
* Experience of writing training notes
* Good knowledge of Excel to intermediate level
* Good personality and able to interface with other team members and external contacts
If this sounds of interest to you please apply or send your CV directly