Job Title: Operations Graduate - Planning
Salary: GBP18,000 to GBP20,000 based on skills experience and qualifications
Job Type: 12-month Fixed Term contract.
Flexipol is BRC certificated and is an approved food packaging supplier to manufacturers in the Marks and Spencer supply chain.
The Company is now in its 28th year, and during this time the business has grown each year steadily, providing long term secure employment. The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing, along with an excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We solve our customers' toughest packaging challenges through our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation and extraordinary service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Graduate to join us in our Planning department. Reporting to the Planning Manager you will assist and support in the management of the production schedule at the Haslingden site, maintaining optimal efficiencies whilst ensuring that our customers receive the best possible service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Contributing to Planning activity and KPI's
- Checking and updating daily production in concurrence with adjusting the plan accordingly.
- Creating and Scheduling jobs in the EPICOR system
- Liaising with Sales regarding lead times, production dates and any issues. Looking to understand customer requirements and drive through the best service possible.
- Identify production constraints and limitations, contributing towards decisions to maintain and increase capacity in key areas
- Ensure that the production plan and maintenance (both routine and breakdown) are actioned accordingly to minimise downtime and increase productivity
- Support in determining the manpower, equipment, and raw material requirements for customer demand.
- Obtain output information, such as finished goods.
- Support in administrative and organisational requirements
- Strong individual with an analytical approach with attention to detail
- A can-do attitude, able to overcome obstacles with a team approach
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels and to motivate others
Knowledge, Training and Experience required
- Educated to Degree level (essential)
- LEAN qualification (desirable)
- Production planning qualifications (desirable)
- Manufacturing or Operations in a FMCG environment. (desirable)
- T Cardboard System experience (desirable)
- Car driver with a relevant license
- ERP System (EPICOR) (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills, proficient with all Microsoft Office Packages
- Onsite gym
- Employee Referral scheme
- Life insurance
- Annual performance bonus
- Company Sick Pay after qualifying period
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Operations Executive, Junior Operations Executive, Operations Coordinator, Operations may also be considered for this role.