We are commercial property specialists operating sites across the UK. At Bruntwood, we're committed to offering more than just outstanding office, coworking, retail and lab spaces. Everything we do is tied into our vision of building vibrant communities, whilst providing businesses with the support and expertise they need to grow. From exclusive events and networking opportunities to our spaces that are designed to put wellbeing first, there's something to help every business thrive. To support our purpose of Creating Thriving Cities, we're continuously expanding the Bruntwood Group to help different specialisms and businesses reach their full potential.
We believe that thriving cities with the best, most sustainable futures are those that are culturally vibrant, equal and environmentally conscious. This is why we're committed to investing in these areas and where our expertise and passion can make the most impact.
Our ambition is to make Bruntwood a truly diverse and inclusive place to work, reflective of the communities we live and work in. To help us to achieve this we encourage applications from ethnic minorities, disabled people, and those who are neurodiverse. Join us and you'll be part of our journey to creating something even better, for our customers and ourselves.
What you'll do:
- Input and contribute to the delivery of key projects working collaboratively with the portfolio teams and reporting into a Development Manager in Bruntwood Works
- Support the Development team on reviewing potential viable growth opportunities, developing knowledge and experience to understand how to financially model scenarios
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Bruntwood proposition and specification documents
- Assist the teams to evaluate development opportunities across the portfolios using data, insight and experience to conduct research and present the information clearly and concisely
- Develop your knowledge of the industry including commercial knowledge, sustainability knowledge, planning guidelines and building design principles
- Build knowledge of and input on our purpose and brand by building places for new communities, including from concept design to delivery
- Work alongside a development manager to develop skills and understanding of design and delivery of schemes
- Assist the teams to manage development appraisals and assess costs vs. return to ensure the correct balance throughout the project and the best possible experience and outcome for all parties involved.
- Engage with the wider internal team on projects by building trusted key relationships with colleagues in finance, retail, commercial, portfolio management and building surveying.
- Aim to utilise your developed knowledge and apply it to your own projects
What's important to us:
- A passion and interest in commercial property will be vital for this role
- A Real Estate based degree is preferable but not essential. If you have not got a Property related degree then please highlight why you are passionate about this sector/role in your CV
- You need to be resilient, managing conflicting priorities at the same time
- You will be keen to work in a fast paced ever evolving environment, where change can happen swiftly
- You will be keen to challenge yourself and take on new responsibilities
On top of the salary advertised you will be entitled to a number of benefits including;
- 8% matched pension
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Enhanced Paternity/Maternity pay.
Helping you perform at your best:
If you would like to receive the role profile in a large print or alternative format please let us know. We want to support everyone to grow to their full potential, and if you need any adjustments to be able to perform at your best during the recruitment process then please let us know.