Business Development Manager- London - Ideal 1st role in external sales!
GBPCompetitive + Excellent Benefits + Car
Bunzl Catering Supplies, part of the Bunzl Catering & Hospitality Division, is the leading distributor of disposables, packaging and hygiene solutions to the hospitality and catering sectors in the UK. Delivering to a variety of customers in both the private and public sector from small independent cafe owners, local health trusts and schools to national hotel and restaurant chains.
As the exclusive recruitment partner for Bunzl Catering, Cast UK have been instructed to recruit a Business Development Manager for their regional accounts team within the HORECA sector. The role will be remote based and will ideally be based within proximity to the London area. The Business Development Manager's primary task of this role is to increase profitability and sales growth within their assigned area. The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities within identified sectors including through tender activity, new business identification and conversion, ensuring customer needs are met satisfactorily, and ensuring that the company's presence in their assigned area is meeting the company's standards and expectations.
- Uses a consultative approach to sell the benefits of Bunzl Catering to clients
- Achieve sales and profit targets on Portfolio Customers as set by the Head of Regional Sales.
- Exceeding new business target
- field support for larger accounts where required
- Identifying and qualifying customer opportunities for new product sales.
- Develop and broaden relationship with new customers while identifying and qualifying opportunities for new product sales. Maximising sales penetration within each customer by selling the complete range of services.
- Work with other departments including the operations and sales teams to implement an effective sales strategy for the area
- Define target list of customer prospects based on clearly defined criteria
- Deliver effective tender responses to specific customer opportunities
- Ensure that bespoke and customer specific stock is managed, and appropriate levels of stock are maintained for customers and the business.
This is a home-based Account Manager/New business role providing support to the sales team in a sector specific environment. The successful candidate will have the ability to absorb and impart information to others and work within standard operating procedures. Ideally the person fulfilling the role will have a desire to learn, a will to succeed and a desire to be successful within an external sales environment. Demonstrates an ability to delegate and recognises and demonstrates the importance of giving time to others. The need to enjoy challenging situations and a systematic and perfectionist approach to problems is integral to the function.
This exciting opportunity would be best suited for someone looking for their first role to break into external sales, with the view of further developing as the client portfolio grows.
GBPCompetitive + Excellent Benefits
Want to recruit a similar role?
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in, HR, Procurement, Buying, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK or to discuss how we can find talent for your business then please visit