At AO we want you to be yourself. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture - so we welcome applications from different walks of life and actively seek to build talented diverse teams.
As a Customer Service Specialist working in our AO Mobile Contact Centre, you will be taking inbound calls and ensuring every customer leaves having had a positive journey. Customer Experience is at the heart of everything we do at AO and the foundation of our success is built on keeping it the best it can be.
It's important you really do care about our customers and fellow AOers. Our agents are engaging, happy and work without restraint to delight our customers! You have thousands of different ways you can make customers happy, because it's always 100% about the Customer Experience.
On a daily basis:
- You will be dealing with all types of queries utilising your excellent communication skills used over the phone, by email, Live-chat and Social Media.
- Be proactive and innovative in finding the best solutions for our customers whilst striving to reach a resolution in the first contact.
- Be creative when you're speaking to customers to create a seamless experience. There isn't always one way to solve a problem.
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills to show our customers you have understood their problem.
- Be accountable, take ownership for the call and commit to solving our customers issue with realistic expectations.
- Always have a positive mindset in a role that can be challenging, focused on making our customers happy and enjoying the role you do.
- Have a friendly telephone manner, we treat customers like our gran! Customers will always remember how you made them feel.
- Embody and protect our culture and values with the right attitude.
- Be driven to hit targets and achieve the goals set out to ensure we are doing the best we can.
- Be aware and understand how YOUR individual performance contributes and impacts the whole Contact Centre. Be open to regular feedback.
- Work collaboratively with your wider team to find solutions and share best practice.
- Be proactive with your development, gain as much knowledge on our products and services to enable you to give the best customer experience.
As a part of your apprenticeship with AO you'll be studying towards a Customer Service Specialist Level 3 government standard delivered by Lifetime Training (Depending on candidate experience this may be altered to a Customer Service Level 2 Standard).
The Apprenticeship is delivered through a blended social learning experience, delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert trainers every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Skype. The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
This role is based in the AO Mobile Contact Centre in Thatcham near Newbury/Reading/Basingstoke.