Are you a law graduate with a keen interest in commercial and consumer law?
Do you have previous work experience within a legal environment?
Our client is a successful, growing business who provide a government approved ADR service. This business has a friendly culture and high staff retention rates to support this. As a business they support professional development of their staff, providing funded access to a wide range of accredited training courses and qualifications.
Legal Case Handler - Job Overview
As a Legal Case Handler you will be responsible for managing a varied caseload, resolving disputes between members and consumers. They are looking for a confident, assertive and empathetic individual to join their team with excellent attention to detail.
Duties will include;
- Provide impartial advice and case adjudication using your legal knowledge. You will be the middle person between two dissatisfied parties and it is your role to listen to both sides of the case, mediate and reach an impartial recommendation
- Collating and assessing case evidence
- Assessing legal documents for accuracy
- Communicating with members and consumers by telephone, keeping them informed of the status of their case
- Communicate to members and consumers how you have reached your conclusion and how your assessment is line with current legislation
- Ensuring all case details and outcomes are logged accurately
- Give legal advice on consumer law and complaint management to subscribing members
Legal Case Handler - Skills & Experience Required
- Educated to degree level in a Law based degree
- Previous work experience within a legal environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse written content
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflict
- LPC or additional study is advantageous
Legal Case Handler Benefits Offered
- Salary 23,000 - 26,000 (dependent on experience)
- Access to accredited City and Guilds qualification in consumer law and other related topics
- Opportunities to study with the Chartered Institute of Arbitration
- Excellent progression and development opportunities within the business
- Working hours Monday to Friday 09..00
- 22 days holiday per year + bank holidays
Thank you for your application.
When you apply please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as these can slow down the application process and your details may not be picked up for the position you are applying for.
Its also helpful if you could you let us know where you are currently based, or which locations you are happy to work in as well as your required salary and notice period.
Sign up to Lawrence Dean Recruitments website to receive job notifications and hear about all of our latest vacancies.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.