Are you a recent graduate in the field of Mathematics, Economics or Statistics? Do you have a passion for working with numbers and enjoy solving complex problems and articulating solutions in a clear & simple way?
My client is looking to recruit a data driven individual to support a fast-paced business through a crucial period of growth and beyond. The successful candidates will work on a range of highly data centric workstreams focused on both Financial Analytics (forecasting, P+L analysis, financial reporting etc) and Data Engineering type work, utilising cutting edge applications to provide meaningful commercial insight aligned to business strategy.
Once onboarded you'll be tasked with completing data led assignments, providing insight across multiple business areas, working alongside a team of high performing finance and data experts.
- Excellent Honours degree from the following disciplines: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business Information Systems (2;1 or above - predicted or achieved)
- You will be highly analytical - able to draw robust conclusions from multiple data sources
- You'll have excellent attention to detail particularly in validating the accuracy of data
- Passionate about financial analytics and / or passion to use accountancy practices in a commercial environment.
- You will be looking to make flying start in your analytical careers, passionate and open to learning whilst bringing a 'can-do' attitude to role
- Excellent team working mentality supporting a solid team ethos
- Ability to embrace change and influence and encourage others via the production of astute analysis
What could you be working on?
- Statistical led projects to optimise commercial performance
- Modelling and analysis of complex data to support new business case proposal
- Analysis of financial and operational metrics to support longer term business planning.
- Business Intelligence: Analysis & Visualisation
- Competitor Analysis
Starting salary GBP22,000 - GBP25,000
Profit related pay / contribution pension scheme / life assurance / share scheme / cycle to work scheme / flexible working
Professional / Industry training
Technical training & development in relevant and industry leading applications' SQL, Excel & Power BI.
Please apply with your updated CV (MS Word format) and cover note detailing your eligibility to work in the UK, availability (interview and start date) and current location.