We are looking to appoint a Data Assistant Apprentice to support the delivery of our high quality, professional and innovative Data and Information service to our academies and central services of the trust.
If you are looking to develop your generalist knowledge, skills and experience across a number of data and reporting specialisms, this is the opportunity for you! In this role you will support the data collection and reporting arrangements of the central trust and the 10 academies within the trust. This will include transforming and centralising raw data from multiple platforms into user friendly reporting data.
FCAT is a large Multi Academy Trust with 10 academies (primary, secondary and all-through schools) and our central services team - we are committed to promoting excellence in teaching, learning and leadership. Our website will share more information with you www.fcat.org.uk
You will work with data from a variety of sources including school MIS SQL databases, .csv downloads from the Department for Education, user generated spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets) and response from surveys such as Google Forms.
You will have the opportunity create reports to extract data from school Information Management Systems, work with external data sources in the form of .csv files and use queries to retrieve data from SQL and MySQL databases.
As your skills develop you will have the opportunity to contribute to the improvement of the data and information cycle by developing existing systems, creating data dashboards in Google Data Studio, improving the ETL process using Microsoft SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) and Google App Scripts. In the future you will be involved with the maintenance and development of our inhouse web-based tools built with using VueJS frontend and PHP backend.
This is an exciting opportunity for which we require a resilient, passionate and driven individual with the ability to enter data accurately and precisely while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and excellent time management skills. You will also have an interest in developing your skills and knowledge in all area of data analysis and business intelligence such as database systems, ETL processes and reporting and data visual using data dashboards.
You must have the desire to work with pride, ambition, respect, resilience, integrity and excellence so we can be the "best we can be!". If you are looking to take the next step in your career in data management, this is an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic team.
Under the direction of the FCAT Data Lead:
- Data entry of performance data from internal and external systems into central reporting templates; following internal and external assessment data collection cycles carry out data entry tasks in Excel or similar to produce summary analysis for senior leaders across the trust
- Carry out general housekeeping routines of data tools and MIS such as renaming scripts and templates to match FCAT's standardised naming conventions and running scripts to remove old data from databases
- Utilise trust wide academy level attendance data and respond to requests for attendance information / reports from key stakeholders; providing the information/reports requested accurately and timely. This may include running reports to extract data from MIS, checking for missing data and using dashboards to show the percentage of pupil's present or absent for given time periods, identifying students at risk of falling below absence thresholds, data broken down by key groups and cohorts
- Utilise FCAT and academy level accurate performance data centrally and support the production of data dashboards and analysis reports of this data as requested; importing historical performance data from a variety of sources into a central data warehouse which can be easily queried by school and trust leaders through Google Data Studio dashboards and similar tools
- Utilise FCAT and academy level pupil profile data centrally; keep reports on key pupil metrics updated, including the number of new starters and leavers and pupils eligible for additional support
- Using tools in management information systems (SIMS) create data entry templates for use to collect teacher assessment data; i.e. grades for pupils in each subject and results from external assessment such as GL Standardised National Reading Assessments
- Support FCAT academies with data audits, identifying gaps in data and requesting missing data from relevant sources; and feeding the audit findings back to the FCAT Data Lead to have an overview
- To act in accordance with FCAT's policies and procedures
- To act as a role model and work in accordance with the Trust values: pride, ambition, respect, resilience, integrity and excellence
- To encourage and promote non-discriminatory behaviour and ensure equality and diversity is sustained within FCAT and our academies.
- To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations and maintain confidentiality in your working practices each day
- To ensure compliance with FCAT's Health and Safety Policy at all times
- To adhere to FCAT's Safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure that the duty of care for all staff, including yourself to protect children and young people is maintained
- Any other tasks and responsibilities reasonably appropriate to this post and grade
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft/Google technologies including; Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets and if possible an awareness of SQL
- Evidence of being able to work accurately, with an eye for detail ·
- Demonstrable experience of working with databases
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of Excel functions; working with Pivot Tables, creating charts, using formulas
- Ability to work with staff at all levels and have good communication skills
- Understand the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team member
- Ability to prioritise work and meet required deadlines
- Be prepared to undertake any required training such as Safeguarding and Data Protection
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Excellent timekeeping skills, able to attend work and college at required times
- Commitment to completing the apprenticeship and obtaining a qualification
- GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent in maths and English(Essential)
- Level 2 or Level 3 Qualification in IT, Data Analysis or related subject. (Desirable)
Things to consider
- Potential full-time, permananet employment and further development on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Please note that as part of the application process, you will be required to provide a copy of your CV to Blackpool and The Fylde College recruitment team
- Please note that the interview date for the vacancy is provisional and could be subject to change