Bishop Hogarth Catholic Education Trust is a multi-academy collective of primary schools, secondary schools, academies and colleges spread out across County Durham and Tees Valley area.
They have an exciting opportunity for two IT Technician apprentices to join their Schools ICT Team. Successful candidates will work and support multiple sites as part of this position therefore we would require that candidates are able to drive or at least are working towards getting their license as there will be a degree of travel between various local schools within the Trust (all travel expenses and mileage will be covered as party of the role).
Apprentices will work within a growing team of IT specialists. They have recently recruited other apprentices into similar roles so you will have peers to share your experience and learning journey with.
You will develop skills to provide effective and efficient IT support to the team to help the school operate effectively and efficiently.
Your role will be to provide support to the Academy’s IT Team helping with day to day enquiries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handling incoming calls from colleagues who have an IT related query
- Assist in fixing computer problems over the telephone
- Logging all calls on the computer system
- Assisting an experienced IT colleague and team to repair computer problems
- 1st Line helpdesk support to customers with an IT related issue
- Providing an excellent standard of customer service
- Using the computer to send emails to customers
- General associated office administration duties
- Working in a busy, friendly school as part of a team
- Working within current Data Protection requirements, information sharing protocols and guidelines
- To attend training as determined appropriate by the School in relation to working practices and the Apprenticeship programme
All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required. They also have a responsibility to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of fellow employees. All employees also have a responsibility of care for their own and others health and safety.
- Be computer literate with a strong aptitude with technology, hardware and software
- Ability to work towards and meet deadlines
- Can provide first class support and service to customers
- Have got analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of Windows and Apple solutions and be comfortable using and supporting basic hardware/ devices
- Be a good communicator with the ability to work sensibly under pressure and on their own initiative with guidance
- Ability to install and uninstall desktop software applications
- Ability to comfortably navigate Apple iPad and/or Android device
- Ability to install and uninstall Apple / Android apps
- Candidates must ideally hold a full, clean driving licence and use of vehicle. Candidates who are learning to drive and already working towards passing their test will also be considered.
- Passion for IT, hardware and software
- Good work ethic
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude towards work
- Pleasant and friendly manner
- A high level of personal cleanliness and appearance
- Professional approach
- A commitment to working as part of the whole school team and supporting the vision and aims of the school
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good command of the English language
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/UKQRS/Default.aspx
In addition to your salary, all travel expenses and mileage will be covered as party of the role (45p per mile). You will also receive a competitive pension plan with the local government.
The successful candidate will be engaged on a 15-month training programme with QA Apprenticeships, to gain a Level 3 Information Communication Technician qualification as an IT Support Specialist. They will also have the opportunity to gain an industry recognised professional certification in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals or Microsoft 365 Fundamentals and have 15 months unlimited access to Cloud Academy; a leading digital skills platform for training IT professionals.
Trust have previously taken apprentices in this department and have successfully trained and retained employees via this scheme in the past.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.