Level 2 Engineering Apprenticeship - Engineer Apprentice
Are you looking for an employer who will sponsor you through a degree, whilst providing valuable and exciting on-the-job experience within a global, innovative and industry leading organisation?
What you’ll be doing:
You will be a member of the ‘Spares and Repairs’ team who provide the planning, documenting, controlling and accounting of all Thales Integrated Air Systems (AIS) Spares and Repairs within the business.
This exciting opportunity will include providing product support for spares and repairs from pricing through to completion, as well as assisting the coordination of all spares and repairs activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To be a vital part of the Spares and Repairs team in the effective management of the current spares and repairs process for the IAS business
- To ensure that the spares and repairs work packages are delivered on time, on cost and meet the contract requirements
- To prepare quotes as required, so that the contractual requirements are met
- To help assist in the generation of monthly/quarterly reports as stated in the contractual requirements e.g. Progress and Financial reporting
- Data inputting into the spares and repairs toolsets and databases
- To Liaise directly with the customer on the spares and repairs progress/issues
- To ensure where applicable, all necessary export licences/paperwork are in place to enable spares and repairs items to be exported to overseas customers
Through our apprenticeship you’ll be making the most of your talents, getting to understand engineering from the ground up; and doing so with the help of one of the biggest and best names in the industry.
As an Engineering Apprentice you will be working towards a Level 2 Engineering Apprenticeship (NI) with South Eastern Regional College (SERC). At the end of the programme you will have achieved a Level 2 Diploma in Engineering and a Level 2 NVQ in Performing Engineering Operations. Training will be delivered via a day release delivery model with one day per week in college to achieve the diploma. Alongside this you will be applying your academic learning into a real life engineering environment alongside industry experts.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to learn. A self-starter who is able to manage their time, show initiative and has a genuine interest in engineering and Thales.
You will also need:
Candidates will need 5 GCSEs grade A-C including English and Maths.
Closing date: Our applications will close at 11.59pm on Tuesday 04 January 2022, this is the only time we will be accepting applications this year. Please note we will be in contact by the end of January 2022 with details of next steps.
All apprentices require full Security Clearance in line with United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) requirements - to gain clearance you will typically need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 12 months. As part of this process you will be asked to provide evidence of your identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Security Clearance please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Please note that applicants who already hold a relevant degree will not be eligible for this programme.