We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprenticeship Coach to join us at our outstanding Chichester College. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we will offer a competitive salary of GBP21,298 - GBP23,275 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Apprenticeship Coach, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership, plus more
Key Responsibilities of ourApprenticeship Coach:
- Motivating each individual learner within a caseload and monitoring their progress against their learning goals
- Encouraging each student to engage personal evaluation, reflection and target setting, using value-added to measure progression
- Setting, in partnership with individual students, course teams and other stakeholders (including, for example, employers, social care and parents), challenging SMART targets to support progression
- Fully utilising information systems to record, monitor and track learners within a cohort of tutees
- Rigorously tracking and monitoring the attendance of each student within a cohort of tutees across all elements of their programme (including Maths, English and ICT as appropriate)
- Identifying student needs and facilitating access to appropriate services to support achievement
- Delivering and facilitating group activities that support the development of personal employability/work readiness skills, knowledge and skills and behaviours related to the Group's Core Values and British Values statement
- Liaising with all involved in a student's chosen programme of study (including teachers, course leaders and (Deputy) Heads of Learning) to address any concerns and support student success
- Complying with the relevant administration procedures and adhering to set deadlines for example individual reviews, UCAS, references and/or new measures of success
- Playing a key role within the Apprentice Journey supporting key aspects of college life as appropriate, such as induction and college events and activities
- Having knowledge of Apprenticeship Frameworks, Internships and Traineeships and Higher Education options
Our ideal Apprenticeship Coach should have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of supporting students post 16
- Experience of delivering learning advice to students in a 1:1 or group
- Administrative experience
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Level 3 Coaching/Mentoring qualification or the willingness to work towards achievement
Closing date: Thursday 21st October 2021
Interview date: Friday 12th November 2021
If you would like to learn more about our Apprenticeship Coach role then please click 'apply' today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.