Job Title: Apprentice Administrator
Salary: Apprentice salary - cGBP15,000, with full financial support for the apprenticeship and qualifications
Location: Working remotely, however commutable to Portsmouth (Port Solent) up to twice per week.
- Are you looking for your first opportunity to start a career? We have a fantastic opportunity to become available for an Apprentice Administrator to join a top 4 UK business, who are also a Top 100 employer in the UK.
- You will do on the job training, to secure a Level 3 (2 A/level equivalent) in Proposal and Bid Coordination.
- The apprenticeship will be on a 21-month fixed contract.
- Within that time, you would grow from having little or no experience to being fully equipped to progress to your next career level
This is a unique opportunity to work with a leading business that looks after their employees.
Main purpose of role
To support the Proposal Coordinators in producing bespoke professionally written bid proposals for our Enterprise, SME, and public sectors, both from a financial and customer focus perspective.
The Apprentice Administrator will produce and coordinate the bid or proposal document for sign off by the Proposal and Senior Proposal Coordinators.
You will be taught now to establish, build and maintain close relationships across the business, across all departments - including, Pre-sales, Sales, Commercials, Marketing, Projects. as well as working with customers.
- To help create and coordinate compliant, professionally produced proposals
- Support conference calls and meetings with project / presales leads
- Edit less complex proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, development / product teams and support functions such as finance and HR.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant e.g., PQQ documentation and for less complex bids.
- Ensure proposal documents follow required formatting and quality standards.
- Monitor the Bid Management inbox
- Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with pre-sales and sales colleagues, 3rd party suppliers and customers when required.
- Excellent writing skills, able to respond to email communications and contribute to bid content with an eye for detail and good grammatical skills.
- Demonstration of good editing skills with the ability to format and edit other people's work to a high standard.
- Organisation and time management
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate flexibility to support team members, at the same time able to balance own planning and time management.
- Team working
- Ability to work in a team, sharing responsibility for team performance and quality standards.
- Ability to be flexible and supportive to team colleagues to ensure individual team members can meet their own and team deadlines.
- Educated to tertiary level with minimum GCSE in English, Maths and Science
- Must have a strong English writing, speaking and grammar skills
- PC skills to basic level - MS Office especially Word and Excel.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.