Sota Solutions is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other service providers.
Established for over 30 years and with a GBP6M turnover and strong balance sheet, the company's facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, located in a highly secure twenty-five-acre science park campus in Kent. Join us and be part of the tech revolution.
The role provides 1st and 2nd Level Service Desk / Remote Support, basic maintenance and low complexity system builds / installation at a customer site within a School environment. The role will shadow existing permanent resource, throughout the learning cycle, until either the end the learning programme or until they are ready to progress.
- To carry out a wide range of 1st and 2nd level problem/request management and resolution activity, against prescribed service levels and across multiple hardware and software technologies.
- To take calls from Customers (e.g. Teachers, Pupils, Support Staff) and log tickets into the Service Desk Management Tool.
- To ensure all problems are progressed in line with best practice???e.g. all basic checks and testing are carried out prior to escalation to 3rd /4th level support.
- To manage all problems and requests through to resolution and or fulfilment ensuring the customer and ticketing system are updated in a timely fashion.
- To appropriately identify and prioritise customer problems/requests to ensure that Sota maintains high levels of customer satisfaction and where applicable, achieve its contracted SLA and KPI performance targets.
- Ensure that agreed escalation procedures are complied with in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- To provide basic engineering support in respect of the build, configuration and deployment of new systems into production to support
- both new business and existing service contracts.
- To continuously strive to improve the efficiency and quality of the service.
- To ensure compliance with all policies, processes and procedures mandated by the company.
- Has a keen interest in IT.
- Demonstrates good interactive and communications skills.
- Is well organised and practical, with a logical, diagnostic approach to problem solving.
- Pays careful, close attention to detail.
- Has an appreciation of what may be involved in supporting and installing IT hardware and software solutions and is keen to develop IT skills and capabilities.
As the role will be based in a Schools environment, the successful candidate will need an Enhance DBS Check.
You need to have 5 GCSE's:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE's grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
37.5 hours a week.
Monday to Friday, 8:45am - 5:15pm.
Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Perkbox Membership, Free use of on-site swimming pool
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.