Graduate/Junior Data Engineer is required for exciting and innovative Software House Company/Hedge Fund based in London. The successful data software engineer will be working closely with the quantitative researchers and alongside other extremely talented and driven engineers to build and support systematic trading models.
The role is 3 days a week in the office. Data Engineer is paid up to GBP55k + Bonus and excellent benefits.
The Junior Data Engineer role sits within the Infrastructure team, and reports to the Head of Infrastructure. The role will provide the infrastructure needed to facilitate research at company; it has a broad scope encompassing everything from operations, ETL, full-stack development, and analysis support for trading analysts in Trading Analytics and quants in the Trading Research team.
* Some commercial or academic experience of working in Data Engineering with technologies like Spark, Parquet, Airflow, Kafka or Cap'n Proto
* Experience of building a stable and scalable data pipeline which processes large amounts of data
* A familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers
* An in-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL
* Working alongside other extremely talented and driven engineers
* Extremely lucrative salary, bonus and benefits
* Greenfield data engineer work, both challenging and rewarding